Want to learn more? Download our brochuresFor network operators For the industry
Smart Cable Guard is a sensor-based digital monitoring platform that puts you in complete control of your medium-voltage cable network. Combing patented technology and a machine-learning algorithm with 24/7 support, it detects and locates faults and weak spots in (underground) power cables with unprecedented accuracy.
Key features and benefits:
- 24/7 health monitoring and analysis for your power cable network
- Monitors across multiple cable sections up to several kilometres/miles
- Detects weak spots and faults (including self-healing or intermittent breakdowns)
- Pinpoints weak spots and faults to within 1% of cable length
- Reduces number and duration of power outages
- Minimizes downtime for repairs and maintenance
- Enables informed decision making in network maintenance and power routing
- Realizes optimized maintenance, infrastructure investment and resource planning
Reduce power outages
Smart Cable Guard does not just locate faults that have already happened, it also detects the preceding warning signs of a fault developing before it disrupts your supply, based on partial discharges. And it does both with the same unrivalled accuracy. This allows you to reroute power as necessary and schedule maintenance to repair or replace the cable without a costly power outage ever happening.
Return power faster
When a fault could not be avoided and still occurs, Smart Cable Guard is typically able to locate it too within 1% of the monitored cable length. This means you know exactly where to dig to fix the problem, helping you get the power back on and return to normal operation in the shortest possible time.
Optimize your maintenance spending and resources
With Smart Cable Guard, you get real, up-to-date information on the condition of your underground cables. This allows you to focus your maintenance spending and resources where they are most needed. Instead of relying on average lifetime statistics, you can make fact-based decisions on which cables to replace when – saving you time and money on unnecessary work while avoiding unpleasant surprises.